AIR NAMIBIA TEMPORALLY WET LEASES AN A340-500 FOR WINDHOEK/FRANKFURT FLIGHTS
Windhoek, Thursday 12 May 2016; This serves to inform our clients and all other key stakeholders that Air Namibia will introduce a temporary change of aircraft to replace one of our
Airbus A330-200 which service the Windhoek – Frankfurt route effective 13 May 2016, with a wet leased Airbus A340-500 aircraft. The temporary use of the HiFly aircraft is expected to be for a period of ten (10) days. This A340-500 which will be leased from HiFly (5K) comes in a two class cabin configuration of 36 Business Class seats offering full flat beds and a seat pitch of 78 inches, as well as 201 Economy Class seats offering a seat pitch of 33 inches.
In order to minimise flight disruptions, Air Namibia management opted to wet lease an aircraft to complement the other A330-200 that services the Windhoek/Frankfurt, in order to ensure continued service delivery to our flying publics. There are not enough pilots to operate this route due to sudden and unexpected illness of five of our senior captains.
“We would like to use this opportunity to assure our stakeholders that Air Namibia is committed to ensuring that our safety standards are upheld at all times, and we are committed to maintain our flight schedules are far as possible hence having decided to on this short term lease arrangement to prevent schedule disruptions”, commented Paul Nakawa, Manager for Corporate Communications at Air Namibia.
Notes to Editors
Wet lease operation is an arrangement whereby companies lease their airplane/aircraft with flight crew to another airline.
Issued by the Corporate Communications Office
Contact Person: Paul Homateni Nakawa
Manager: Corporate Communications
TEMPORAL CHANGE FOR AIR NAMIBIA WINDHOEK/JOHANNESBURG FLIGHTS SCHEDULE
Windhoek, Friday 01st April 2016; Air Namibia hereby wishes to inform its valued travellers and all key stakeholders of the amendment to its flights schedule for flights operated between Windhoek and Johannesburg, effective today 01 April 2016.
The airline currently operates three flights per day between Johannesburg and Windhoek, and this will change by reducing these frequencies to two flights per day, as from 1 April 2016 to 1 July 2016.
Flights removed from the schedule are as follow;
- Flight SW 727 from Windhoek to Johannesburg, which departs from Windhoek at 13:55,
- Flight SW 727 from Johannesburg to Windhoek, which departs from Johannesburg at 18:20.Passengers booked on affected flights as indicated above will be re-routed and accommodated on other two remaining flights operated daily. We herewith call on all affected passengers for whom alternative arrangements have not been made yet, to please contact the nearest Air Namibia office or to contact their travel agents.
We would like to use this opportunity to apologize for any inconvenience this schedule amendment will have to some of our esteemed clients. We further wish to advise that, this amendment is necessitated by changed operational requirements and circumstances. We are happy to however, inform all that this schedule will resume again as from 2 July 2016 onwards.
Notice of Schedule Changes for Flights to Katima Mulilo, Rundu and Ondangwa
This serves to notify all our esteemed clients and key stakeholders that effective 31st May 2015,
Air Namibia flights between Rundu / Katima Mulilo and Windhoek will operate from Eros airport
(not from Hosea Kutako International Airport anymore)
- Departure times of these flights from Eros to Rundu and Katima Mulilo will be at 10:15 a.m. local time.
- Departure times from Rundu will be 11:50 on Mondays and Fridays and 14:00 on Wednesdays and Sundays.
- Departure times from Katima Mulilo will be at 13:35 on Mondays and Fridays; and at 12:40 Wednesdays and Sundays.
- The days of operation are to remain the same, i.e. Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Sundays.
As a consequence and to accommodate this change of airports, the Ondangwa midday flights SW103 and SW104 operating on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Sundays are withdrawn from the schedule effective 31st of May 2015.
Affected passengers will be accommodated on alternative flights and Air Namibia requests all affected passengers to contact us for their new and revised itineraries. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience caused by these schedule changes.
For any clarity, kindly contact your local Air Namibia office / Agent or our Call Center on + 264 61 299 6111 or via email on firstname.lastname@example.org