Excess Baggage Charges
All routes Piece Concept
Baggage weighing more than 23kg but not above 32kg is charged as indicated below or equivalent in local currency applies
For each extra piece not exceeding the maximum allowed weight and size, charge as indicated below, or equivalent in local currency applies
NB: Bags above 32kgs have to be forwarded as freight ( Cargo )
- All excess baggage must be assessed and charged for, prior to the boarding of the aircraft. Excess weight charges can also be paid for the entire journey to the final destination, or to the next point of transfer or stopover. Rates for Weight Concept:Baggage in excess of the checked baggage allowance charges apply at 1.5% per kg of the highest Air Namibia normal direct adult one way economy class fare.
- in effect on the date of issuance of the excess baggage ticket
- in the direction of travel
- from the point for which the checked baggage allowance is exceeded to the first point at which the baggage is collected.
- For all tickets a maximum travel weight of 32 kg per item of baggage applies, irrespective of service class.
Items of baggage which exceed these weights will not be accepted as travel baggage. They can be sent by air cargo at air cargo rates.
|1st piece at no more than 23kg||2 pieces at no more than 23 kg each||1 piece weighing more than 23kg but not above 32kg||2 pieces weighing more than 23kg each but not above 46kg in total||Any Additional Piece|
(up to 32kg pp)
|To / From Frankfurt ( FRA )||FREE||–||USD 150|
|To / From Accra ( ACC ) & Lagon ( LOS )||FREE||FREE||USD 80|
|Regional ( WDH, JNB, CPT, LAD )||FREE||FREE||USD 90|
|ERJ 135 operated flights ( LUN, HRE, VFA, MUB )||FREE||–||USD 90|
|Domestic ( within Namibia )||FREE||–||USD 50|